**model of the moment: kate moss



Kate Moss has been all over the news lately, evidenced by the fact that my mother, who usually knows more about baseball scores than the latest fashion collections, said over Thanksgiving, "So, that Kate Moss quote..." She was referring to Kate Moss's controversial motto, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." While the quote did not particularly shock me when I first read it in WWD the other week (excuse me, critics, but it is this woman's job to be skinny), the article motivated me to do a little research... and so the Googling frenzy began. Conclusion: I'm the newest Kate Moss fan.

Calling this post "Model of the Moment" is slightly misleading, considering that Kate Moss has been the model of the moment for oh... you know... 20 years. Can you say supermodel? But for those of us too young to remember the first reign of the super models, it is easy to forget what made Kate Moss famous in the first place. Sure, she is a beautiful blonde these days, but once I started looking at old pictures of her the other night, I began to appreciate her totally unique appeal. Her face is captivating, her style is iconic, and she seems to genuinely LOVE her job. Enjoy more photos below...

A young Kate Moss...




I LOVE early/mid 90'S editorials...







Some random favorites...









Bonus: Girl's got STYLE...



Kate Moss has witnessed the last 20 years of fashion firsthand, inspiring designers, appearing on over 300 magazine covers, partying with top models, dating actors and musicians, and more recently, designing her own line for Topshop. She is also known for her sweet and childlike personality, she loves the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald, and she threw a 24-hour-long party for her 33rd birthday. If you could have dinner with one famous model, who would you pick? I'd have to say... KATE MOSS.

(Photo credits: TFS, Marie Claire UK, JustJared, HerFamedGoodLooks)

13 comments:

Lucka ;-) said...

Kate Moss is a super model has a super character. The perfect woman! :))

fashiongirl-lulu.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

I Have to say, this post is really wellwritten and superfun to read! Thank You!

Nina said...

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" Very well said, Miss Moss!

Fab blog!

Nina

http://ninaballerinaclosetobsession.blogspot.com/

denysmaco0l said...

nice post !!!!
please visit me back

Culture of Indonesia

thanks friend....

Ashley said...

Great post! I will always love Kate..even if what she said was in very poor taste.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love this post :)
Is it just me or was kate moss so much more alive in her pics when she was younger??

Christina said...

what a great tribute to Kate Moss! loved the pictures you found of her from the 90's. beautiful!

The Lion & The Unicorn said...

those old photo finds are amazing,
great collage!

talia&lilyrose said...

Love these pics of Kate moss !! Wonderful !

elisabet said...

What a career she's had! Amazing! She's an icon!

SummerTeeth said...

yea, she is incredible. her old editorial work is just beauuutiful

caitlinmarie said...

Hey! I just came across your blog on a Kate Moss search, she is my fave, forever and always.
Anyway I saw you're in Berkeley, I live in Oakland, go to school at Berkeley, I'd love it if you checked out my blog too, PourLamourdeFashion.blogspot.com, Kate was the star of my first post ever haha. xo Caitlin

Post a Comment