**style profile: erin wasson



After driving down to Southern California nearly every weekend this month, I've pretty much decided that I need to live by the beach someday. After living in rainy Northern California for the past four years, I'm falling in love with the laid-back lifestyle that my native So-Cal represents. Living in a city like Berkeley (where we have actual seasons) has given me an opportunity to wear boots, coats, and scarves to my heart's content. But as I threw on a jacket and jeans to face the Berkeley fog this morning, I couldn't help but long for warmer weather and the opportunity to wear a whole lot less. Sometimes beachwear can be lazy and not-so-chic, but model/stylist/designer Erin Wasson is proof that you CAN face the sand and sunshine in style.

Erin Wasson started her career in fashion as a model, and she made her debut as a stylist when she dressed the models for Alexander Wang's Spring 2008 collection. Her grungy and laid-back sensibilities, when paired with Wang's 90's inspired creations, made for a lust-worthy collection and a most-memorable show.

In the years since, Erin Wasson has continued to style for magazines and designers in a way that makes my heart stop. The 90's grunge look that Wasson created for Elle Magazine in March of 2009 gives me the warm-fuzzies whenever I see it. Erin Wasson has also branched out into the designing realm, creating stellar looks for the surf/skate brand RVCA and working as a jewelry designer for her Luv Low brand.

Other reasons to love Wasson? Well, she hails from Texas, and I can't help but love a Southern girl. She also spent a few months of her life driving cross country in a battered truck, soaking up the sights and scenes of the US landscape. Thoroughly American and incredibly beautiful, Erin Wasson is a picture of when the boardwalk and the runway unite. I've posted my favorite Erin Wasson looks below. I hope they inspire you to stay stylish the next time you head out to play in sun!

My favorite Erin Wasson look: denim on denim, done right...



Erin Wasson x RVCA shot... yes, these pictures are from her 2009 collection, but I think they're classic...





Street style (and beach style)...









Erin Wasson goes glam...





Sk8...





Amazing editorial, shot in Texas...





















Erin Wasson x RVCA Spring 2010 Lookbook... LOVE...









(Photo credits: KnightCat, TrendyCrew, StyleBlog, RVCA, Unknown)

39 comments:

Berlin said...

So many wonderful photos and outfits, very inspirational!! LOVE!!

Smiles,
Berlin

linda-mari said...

She´s fantastic! Love her rings:)
http://www.linda-mari.com

Mia Delessi said...

I love Erin. Her beauty is unique.

TOPCOAT said...

I love her, she's amazing...

xx
http://topcoatfashionblog.blogspot.com/

I love your blog!!

Stace said...

erin has great flair and taste, doesn't she?
her red carpet looks are sizzling but most of all I love her edgy streetstyle!! xx

Beckerman Girls said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! She really is a superstar!!! And These pics are soooo awesometown!!!!
MWAH!
xo The Beckerman Girls

http://www.BeckermanBiteplate.com

Cindy Whitehead said...

I love Erin's look - gorgeous. And you should come live by the beach - we haven't had much sun "lately" but that should change soon! (-:

Sherrie Cola said...

I love Erin, her style really reminds me of my own. Also love Leigh Lezark :)

Rose said...

i really, really like the shot of her barefoot and sitting on that skateboard.
i think you will totally rock los angeles. :)

Ashleigh said...

She has so many looks! I love her natural vibe, seems like such a cool chic!

Maria said...

one of my favorite models! & these photos prove it*

- Maria, from Los Angeles

*check out inspirational fash. photos on my blog :)

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

i would love to live by the beach too, and erin is absolutley beautiful!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

katkas said...

she has the best personal style ever! she can wear anything and make it amazing

Sarah said...

love her! she seems so down to earth, and has incredible personal style! xx

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I adore Erin and her style!! Great compilation!! I couldn't choose a favorite! xoxoxoxoo

Miss K said...

Such a great editorial! and who doesn't love erin?

http://carlandtheprepster.blogspot.com/

MarchMusings said...

Fantastic choices. It helps to have killer pins too

misslikey said...

i love her. she is so edgy but has something in her face attitude that very reminds on supermodels

Briana Le & Merissa Ren said...

gawd. i love erin. the texas ed is insane. also, i so concur. I'm an orange county girl/ stanford student! i like boots, but erin wasson definitely makes a case for eternal sunshine:)


xxmerissa
merbri.blogspot.com

Marie said...

These pictures are amazing! Erin is so beautiful.
Your blog is great :)

Adrianna Traxler said...

She is the most stunning and most confident model I've ever seen. Her style is so edgy and out there which I love...her look is perfection.

TristanEmma said...

I have fallen in love with Miss Wasson. She is so effortlessly gorgeous. Goodness that Texas shoot is one of my current favs!

xx

http://styleinsuburbia.blogspot.com/

Miss V. said...

so so pretty, one of the best models ever in my opinion! love the selection of pics :)

Charleston said...

oh my gosh i love erin so much, she exudes folk grunge bohemia beautifully x

www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

Christina said...

just incredible!! <3

Photo said...

good photos!
i love your blog!!!

http://odindva-vspyshka.blogspot.com/
http://odindva-vspyshka.blogspot.com
http://odindva-vspyshka.blogspot.com/

Britty said...

she has an very influence shirt!

ilovefashion said...

love erin, one of my favs! x

Mumbles said...

I love erin too, she's gorgeous
and I love her style
those pictures are great, love her wearing denim shorts and white blouse
ahaha I think the same, it's difficult getting dressed in summer, although she does it great

♥ Marley

kirstyb said...

brilliant post - love erin x

Dina's Days said...

wow, awesome style. She's beautiful.

LIVADORE said...

gorgeouuuus! love the texas pix

taylor said...

umm ok so picture 12 is my life inspiration.

oh an hiii ;)

http://60andsunny.blogspot.com/

Rosa&Carlotta said...

i love her vibe:)

check out my fashion illustrations at http://www.illustrated-moodboard.com/ :)

marina said...

how beautiful! i love erin!!
I'm following!!

http://malibuananas.blogspot.com/

La Jodi3 & La Couture said...

i really love her outfits, they are so unique and her beauty just puts the outfit together!

Style Diary Of A Fashion Fanatic said...

Fabulous photos!!!
I LOVE Erin's style!!!
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

Post a Comment