**the originals: françoise hardy



For the modern girl with an interest in fashion and a good internet connection, there's no shortage of inspiration. And while I'm all about finding the next big thing, sometimes it pays to take a step back. So, without further ado... meet style icon Françoise Hardy...

Françoise Hardy was born on January 17, 1944. She was raised by her unmarried mother, and she first ventured into music at the age of 16, when she received her first guitar as a present from her often-distant father. After learning a few chords, Françoise Hardy realized that she could easily duplicate her favorite songs from the radio. She began to compose and perform her own music; by April of 1964, she had released her first record. Her song "Tous les garçons et les filles" became a quick success, eventually selling over 700,000 copies in France alone.

Thanks to her talent and good looks, Françoise Hardy soon became a topic of interest for fashion magazines and musicians alike. She appeared on the cover of Paris Elle and Vogue, and she was pursued by Paul McCartney, John Lennon and David Bowie, among others. Some more of my favorite pictures...





I personally think Françoise Hardy's amazing hair was her best fashion contribution. The girl has killer bangs, and really, I just can't get enough...





Francoise Hardy was no glamour girl. I would liken her style to the paired-down and almost boyish sensibilities of modern style star Alexa Chung. Hardy was all about the perfect loafers and a comfy striped shirt. Take a look...











Black and white...















With Bob Dylan...



With husband Jacques Dutronc...



Total star power...







Favorites...





Don't forget to check out Françoise Hardy's music! Take a look at this YouTube video--the girl was gorgeous... AND she could sing!



(Photo credits: TFS, FashionsMostWanted, GreyTheBlog, TongueInChic, DazedOrSomething, All Over The World: Francoise Hardy, Unknown)

46 comments:

Berlin said...

Beautiful!

Have a pleasant day,
Berlin

elke said...

oh i want my hair to be like hers! what an icon (:
great post, thanks for the very lovely comment,
i'm super jealous that you're going to see the XX! make sure you have a good time ahah.

x

Jennifer said...

Great photos! Love her!

STACY said...

holy crap, her hair is like perfection!
she's gorgeous x

Effi said...

She's sooo beautiful, and all her pics are gorgeous! lovely post..
I'll follow your blog if you'll follow mine:
http://efashionfactor.blogspot.com/

misslikey said...

an icon. Adore this lady!

TOPCOAT said...

Wow, what an icon.. Stunning! xx


http://topcoatfashionblog.blogspot.com/

FRANCESCA GIUSTI said...

i love her...she's amazing!!!
I follow your blog!
Pass to mine and follow me too :)
francesca
http://fashionmilkshake90.blogspot.com/

Rchliey said...

adorable french girl

rchliey.blogspot.com

Cindy Whitehead said...

love her whole look but especially those great bangs!

La Jodi3 & La Couture said...

love the pics... nice post!!!

Mumbles said...

she's awesome
so so so pretty, and she sings too ahaha
I want her hair
such a great post

Marley

Briana Le & Merissa Ren said...

she is incredible. and makes me want bangs.


xxmerissa
merbri.blogspot.com

shari @ little blue deer said...

Holy crap! She looks like she could totally be around today, there is nothing dated about her look at all. Super, super chic, amazing post! I didn't realize how gorgeous she was!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

She's such a timeless beauty! I adore her hair and style! xoxooxxoxoo

Rachel Clark said...

Wow she is beautiful. And Her style still looks completely relevant.


www.withinavanity.blogspot.com

BEK F said...

LOVE her! Great post :)
xx

http://voyeur-ist-ic.blogspot.com

that girl lucy said...

wow she is gorgeous! love discovering all these amazing ladies through your blog :')

Mumbles said...

I've seen this post again, and she's perfect
I think women from the past where prettier than today (unfortunately)

Marley

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

her bangs are amazing!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

.sabo skirt. said...

wow isn't she absolutely amazing.... incredible collection of photograhps.. thank you for sharing =)

Stop by our fashion blog, we’d love to hear from you =)

Much love,
Thessy & Yiota
.sabo skirt.

www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

City Girl said...

Simply gorgeous! What great photographs :) I think French ladies are hard to beat on the fashion front. I have recently been blogging about France and wrote a post on Jean Seberg from A Bout De Souffle... Do you know her? I think you'd love her too! Your blog is lovely, I'm your newest follower! City Girl x

Sherrie Cola said...

Stunning! I'm in awe of her hair

A(squared) + M said...

This pictures are really great! I love the first of the black and white ones. I like this type of post and can't wait to see more from you.

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I wish I knew the name of the girl from lookbook.nu but I didn't pay attention to the name (I'll make sure to next time.

MarchMusings said...

I feel like going and cutting bangs into my hair now, even though I know they (or I) won't look like hers. Lovely post

W. said...

Françoise is one of the most beautiful girls ever. Love herself and her music! she's a gorgeous diva!

SabinePsynopsis said...

She's wonderful! I didn't know her as a singer and from all the pictures I've only ever seen one. She might not have worn glamour, but she certainly exudes it.

Rianna Bethany said...

Her hair is beautiful
Rianna xxxx

Christina said...

THANKS for posting this! her style looks so effortsless and she is such a natural beauty! really, this was a great and original post!

Ashleigh said...

Wow. Fierce and gorgeous and timeless! In loooove with her perfect bangs too! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful images!

RawBeautyRawSoul said...

Love the photos!
http://rawbeautyrawsoul.blogspot.com/

THE DIVINITUS said...

great times, fashion and designs...

Jennifer and Sherry said...

awesome photos! great fashion at a great time!

Love,
Jennifer & Sherry

Silvia Couture said...

great post!! Amazing photos

Stacey said...

Wow, i loved, loved, loved this post! She looks amazing, i love all the vintage photography and pictures and style. I was so born in the wrong decade :(

Stacey xx

marina said...

Great!!!!Love her!
thanks for sharing :)
i love your blog
i follow you whit bloglovin

http://malibuananas.blogspot.com/

Rosa&Carlotta said...

I love Francoise Hardy! She's one of my biggest inspirations!
Love the song as well :)


check out my fashion illustrations at http://www.illustrated-moodboard.com/ :)

Helena from BrooklynBlonde said...

Seriously, AMAZING photos!!! thanks for this!

Edward Wong said...

Whoa! If Francoise was a model, she would be Freja.

http://eatmysuperficialheart.blogspot.com/

I am Vintage Lover said...

Her hair is absolute perfection. I want mine to look like that! Such gorgeous photos!

Make sure you stop by our vintage blog, we'd love to hear from you. Much love, VLxo.

http://www.iamvintagelover.com
http://www.iamvintagelover.com
http://www.iamvintagelover.com
http://www.iamvintagelover.com
http://www.iamvintagelover.com

Post a Comment