**model of the moment: toni garrn



I have a mild obsession with Zara and like any true Zara fan, I check the website religiously for the latest catalogue/lookbook. I like the way that they photograph the clothes without over-styling them, and the models are always gorgeous. I couldn't stop obsessing over the model in their latest online catalogue, Toni Garrn, who I remembered from their catalogues in seasons past. I'll admit, I'd never heard of her until some serious Google-searching revealed her to be the star of the photos. She looks different than I would have expected based upon the Zara ads alone--in fact, she looks a whole lot like Lara Stone in some photos. But there's always room for another naturally-blonde model, and I'm loving Toni's doll-faced look.

If you're interested in a quick bio: Toni Garrn was born in Germany and discovered by an agent during the FIFA World Cup in 2006. She then went on to model for Calvin Klein and was hired exclusively for their brand during her second season. She's since appeared on the covers of Tush and V magazine, and she's starred in countless other editorials. Some fun facts: Toni Garrn is best friends with fellow top model Ali Stephens! Also, Toni uses NO makeup or skincare products, ever. Yes-- take a look at these pictures, and then decide to secretly hate her for having such ridiculously good genes. More photos below...

From Zara's Winter 2010 catalogue...

















Some of my favorite looks from older Zara catalogues... Spring/Summer 2010...





Fall/Winter 2009...







Toni Garrn channeling Bridget Bardot in Vogue Germany, January 2009...













In Chloe ads...



Toni looking like Lara Stone on the cover of German Vogue...



(Photo credits: Zara, StyleByMe, TFS, Fashion Gone Rogue)

47 comments:

Berlin said...

I have been surfing the net for pictures of models so that I can get some interesting perspective when drawing and couldn't find much but you have it! Great photos, lovely earthy toned outfits.

Happy new year!

Donuting,
Berlin

Francesca said...

I wish Zara would come to australia, then people would learn to dress better.

F. (opinionslave.blogspot.com) x

Folhetim Cultural said...

meu blog voltou com tudo acompanhe durante a semana noticiário cultural. Espero que goste. Me siga. Abraços boa semana.

informativofolhetimcultural.blogspot.com

Magno Oliveira
Folhetim Cultural

TOPCOAT said...

I do love her..Thanks for sharing these photos! xx




http://topcoatfashionblog.blogspot.com/

Fashion Cappuccino said...

They're all gorgeous pictures of Toni! I can't believe she didn't use any beauty products! Her skin is flawless! xxoxoxoo

Ronisha said...

Thanks for you comment :)

xoxoxo

Prad Savania said...

Love Lara Stone!

Thanks for your delightful comment, made my day x

Why not follow my blog to keep up to date with all my latest designs? x

Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

SabinePsynopsis said...

She's very beautiful. True, in some pictures she looks like Lara Stone, but in many others she's all her own.

Cindy Whitehead said...

i do love the Zara models - she is gorgeous!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I know :-), I was so excited for the return to simpler times! xoxoxoxo

jamie-lee said...

Oh she's really beautiful! x

Ninjagaiden78 said...

These are some great shots.
I like the coats.

windowshopz.com

shari @ little blue deer said...

She is really gorgeous! She has kind of a sixties look, I like! XX!

Mia Delessi said...

Zara is amazing, I'm a huge fan. I love their clothes, they are always sophisticated and classic.

Reg said...

being discovered during the world cup is so cool! she's really pretty :)

xx
heyrocketgirl

katerina said...

the girl rocks! reminds me os brigite bardot! she is so sexy!
<3
katerina
fashionalgorithms.blogspot.com

stylespotterfashionblogger said...

She holds herself so incredibly well. Love her mouth as well.
http://stylespotterfashionblogger.blogspot.com

Linda-Mari said...

She's stunning!
http://www.linda-mari.com

freyja said...

so beautiful !


www.mydailyoutfits.blogspot.com

CC said...

I agree, their styling really is great.
Love her! She has gorgeous cheekbones. :)
Xx

lia said...

Love your posts and its amazing pics!!

crossingredlines

Annka said...

Hi,
I think it's a brilliant idea to make models a person. I always eager to learn the models name to make them human and not just a clothes presenter. It's great that you write down parts of their biography. Although I knew Toni before. She has a brother who has got as good genes as her. Think they were together on a cover sometime 2008 or so
yours annka from
http://www.danseusedelamode.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

love her look and she is amazing in the chloe ad!

thestyle-child.blogspot.com

minkandcappuccino said...

amazing catalogs

first contest (be one of my 7 new year inspiration models!)
go to http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
for precise info.

Caroline said...

She was beautiful as Brigitte Bardot.

LaU said...

cute post!!!
xoxo


townofstyle.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

Wow, she's stunning and looks amazing in Zara xx

Puck Litaay said...

I love the leather pieces!

Jess said...

i love zara, it's my favorite store!

Cecylia said...

Way tooo gorgeous...can't pick a favourite. The one of the model on the stool is very Bardot-esque

Marina said...

she is very very beautiful!!

xx Marina

noura. said...

wow this is an awesome post

Carla Martínez said...

amazing pictures
I'm following you now!

XX

www.tovemp.blogspot.com

ej said...

shes amazing

http://amillionloves.blogspot.com/

misslikey said...

she is gorgeous. didn't know she was discovered during Fifa. quite an interesting story.

MarchMusings said...

We don't have Zara here, but I visited my first store in Singapore and now understand the cult following the store has. Following you now!

Zarna said...

OMG so gorgeous! why can't we all be six feet tall??

Emilie said...

wauw!! I never heard of her before but she is really stunning!!
Lovely blog :)

xxxx

lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

Abigail said...

she's gorgeous!! i love that 70's style of her.. really impressed with zara's fall winter as well. happy 2011 xx

www.lovelywanderlust.com

thesydneygirl said...

I LOVE Zara too!

Happy new year :)

x
thesydneygirl.com

applecherriemango said...

I just love Zara! Following!
hope you can follow back,
xx

lauren lanza osias said...

she has such a ridiculously fresh style. and she is beyond chic. love.

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
check out my golden globes reviews... i'm only sorta mean this year ;)

Emilia said...

i'm not overly keen on the clothes, but the models gorgeous
emiliabrown.blogspot.com

Mumbles said...

I hadn't noticed that she was the girl from the latest Zara campaigns,
she looks gorgeous
thanks so much for sharing

♥ Marley

Post a Comment