**style profile: nina stotler



I really enjoy Nina Stotler's intellectual approach to fashion. When I first read about Nina Stotler, I was immediately intrigued by her clean and edgy style. She seems to be the kind of girl who never has a hair out of place... she's also the kind of girl who radiates both intelligence and creativity: in addition to designing her own line of jewelry, she has worked as a trend-forecaster for Peclers Paris, and she's currently the youth-market editor at Stylesight. The fact that jobs like trend-forecasting even exist fascinates me. The entire profession reinforces the way that fashion reflects not just what the designers are thinking, but movements within society overall. You may remember that I cited Nina Stotler a few posts ago, for her explanation about the way that fashion reveals the collective consciousness of the society as a whole: "People are starting to pick up on those edgier designers because it's fitting a greater collective consciousness than it was before." On the topic of working as a trend-forecaster, she says: "An interest in editorial work grew from my love for writing, and as an extension of that, I've always had a insatiable curiosity for information, whatever the subject. I enjoy keeping up on the latest developments in culture, art, music, film and fashion. Trend reporting is a way to connect the dots by looking for patterns and shifts in fashion; similar to crafting an academic thesis, but one pertinent to business." As former engineering major (and current English major), I can't help but love Nina Stotler's logical and almost scientific approach to modern trends.

Because Nina has a job that involves more than posing for passing street style photographers, it was hard to scramble together pictures of this writer and designer, but I've done my best. Nina describes her own style as "plain and simple... lots of neutral colors," but I think this hardware-inspired jewelry designer has a definite tough side as well. Enjoy the pictures, and look to Nina Stotler whenever you need reassurance that the fashionable can be both edgy and composed. Some of my favorite looks...











Oh, and I simply love this video. So much.



To learn more about Nina Stotler, you can check out her personal website here.

(Photo credits: Street Peeper, Harper's Bazaar, StyleLikeU, Vanessa Jackman, NYMag)

22 comments:

H Rija said...

Neat post and she has an amazing style!

Also, thanks for your lovely comment and do you want to follow each other!

Teresa said...

I love her look! It's simple, modern, but with an edgy twist. That white and cream ensemble is my fave!

invasionista

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

The first image of her is so lovely with the hint of a faint smile.
Never heard of her before. I shall have a peek at her blog.

Rand T said...

oh wow LOVE it!:) xx

Pop Champagne said...

the first and 3rd outfit are great! she is very stylish!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I'm so glad you featured her because I would have never known her if it weren't for you! I love girls who are smart and well-spoken! Her jobs sounds so exciting and she describes it very well. What a great inspiration! xoxoxoo

Ivania said...

I saw her on stylelikeu but had no idea who she was, she is soo interesting! and so is your blog! I love the concept!
+following!

featherfactor said...

Great post - the first time I heard about this stylish woman. I used to live in Berkeley :)


www.featherfactor.com

Sofi Stellar said...

This is such a great piece you've written. You have a really strong and clear writing voice. She sounds like a really interesting, hardworking, independent woman-such an inspiration to learn about her. AND she has gorgeous style!

Stevia said...

i love how it's simple but it's still eye-catching somehow...

SabinePsynopsis said...

Loving her skirt in the 2nd picture - so Yamamoto.

Kavery said...

She has an eclectic style, Must check out her blog

jamie-lee said...

wow she always looks so chic x

KcomeKarolina said...

wow!!! amazing style!




xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Zarna said...

she has such great style and i really love her hair!

Mumbles said...

I didn't know her, but she has a really nice style
and I love her jewellery
thanks for sharing

♥ Marley

Julie Khuu said...

That white ensemble is HOOOOOTTTTT! All white seems to be THE edgy spring trend...and with her platinum blonde locks with the black gradient...takes the look from chic to SUPER chic! Great find, thanks for sharing!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

Tereza Anton said...

She is so cute; I love her style.

Z--- said...

loove these pictures!you look great!!xx

www.zscloset.blogspot.com

ching said...

oh she's really pretty.

ELEUTHERIA1988 said...

helloo!great blog!i follow you!can you follow me?thanks!http://fashiondream-eleutheria1988.blogspot.com/

LULUCHERIE said...

cute blog
I'm having a giveaway on my blog. check it out :)

www.lulucherieblog.blogspot.com

Post a Comment