**model of the moment: daphne groeneveld


When it comes to models on the runway, I try to ignore famous faces and focus on the clothes. It helps me to objectively decide if I like a collection, and besides, how many times do I need to see Karlie Kloss or Chanel Iman in yet another amazing outfit? I already know they're going to look great.

This past season only a couple of new faces stood out to me, and I was excited to see 16-year-old model Daphne Groeneveld walking in nearly every show. Her look, a mix of weird and gorgeous, combined with her bleach-blonde hair (which reminds me of another favorite, Abbey Lee) made it impossible for me to ignore her, no matter how fantastic the accompanying apparel.

Daphne Groeneveld only started modeling about a year ago, but she's already landed countless major shows and even appeared on the cover of French Vogue with the legendary Tom Ford. As for personal style, Daphne Groeneveld claims that she does not have a distinct or specific look, but rather knows what she likes and wears it. But then again, she's only 16... and while girls her age strive to achieve the coveted "model-off-duty" look, Daphne's doing the real thing. On the runway...

Daphne opened for Calvin Klein's Spring/Summer 2011 collection...



She walked in 40 different shows during the Fall/Winter 2011 season...

Opening at Calvin Klein...



Opening at Altuzarra (this is my favorite)...



Opening at Vera Wang...



At Alexander Wang...



At Miu Miu...



At Pucci...



At Lanvin...



At Chanel...



At Prada...



This self-proclaimed girly-girl, who played with dolls and danced ballet as a child, looks like a living doll herself. She's stunning in Spring/Summer 2011 Dior Haute Couture...



An editorial from Grey Magazine Spring/Summer 2010...





In Givenchy Spring/Summer 2011 ad, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott...



With Lindsey Wixson (another 16-year-old strange-beauty) for the Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2010 ad campaign...





On the cover of French Vogue in December 2010...



In Vogue Paris February 2011, styled by Carine Roitfeld...







Off-duty...




(Photo credits: TFS, Fashion Gone Rogue, Style.com, MyFDB, MODELS.com, Unknown)

46 comments:

theTsaritsa said...

Love the Dior Couture look!! She does have an interesting face.

Viv said...

gorgeous photos, she definitely has a different look but in a good way!


myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

Mary ♥ Mur said...

♥love your blog♥

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Gorgeous photos of Daphne! She definitely accomplished herself as one of the major models to keep an eye on! I love her full lips! The Tom Ford cover is one of my favorites! xoxoxoo

Tereza Anton said...

She has such an interesting face, so captivating.

Francesca said...

she has such big eyes and lips. she looks amazing when she's wearing little to no makeup.. lots of eyeliner makes her look like a junkie haha. fabulous photos x

Veronica said...

Cool! Wonderful blog!
Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do!
Thank you so much.

www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

Rand T said...

what a beauty!xx

the line sheet said...

I really like daphne! She has such character. I loved Corinne Roitfeld for putting her on the cover of Paris Vogue even though she was a bit obscure at the time.

Becky-May said...

She's just stunning! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful info and pictures! Lovely blog hon!

The Flower Girl

thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

Edgy said...

She is so beautiul! Her face is stunning.

Great post. Maybe you want to follow each other?

www.fromanedge.blogspot.com

"this fashion lark." said...

she is absolutely amazing looking, one of my new favs x

Aissata said...

love her in the mui mui campaign

http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

chellemorgan said...

I can't believe how young she is! She is fantastic though, and she wears the clothes so well. Love her in Dior.

Xo Chelle
discoveringelegance.com

Carolina Krews said...

love her face...she's so special

xo,

Carolina

Sick by Trend said...

I love Daphne!! she is gorgeous and incredible!! she always look fabulous! :) I'm following!

Look my blog and if you like it, follow me!!!

www.sickbytrend.com

xx

sBt

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I like the long, flowing silk dress in the first image. I can imagine myself wearing it to a white ball this summer;-)

Pop Champagne said...

The Miu Miu ad campaign is beautiful!! I love the colors in it

MissNeira said...

Strange, yet cool lookign face. very strong!

xoxo
Miss Neira

jadaandjon said...

love her...she's amazing. love the blonds.

if you like vintage clothing please come check out our site!!
www.lalalandvintageclothing.com

and if you follow our blog we'll hook you up with 20% off your first purchase!

www.avintagelovestory.com

xx

marie said...

She's stunning!

Elaine said...

These are so cool.

Stevia said...

the girl has lips all right
she looks stunning in Dior Haute Couture!

<3
http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

Zarna said...

she is so stunning!

Kavery said...

Only 16 years? Stunning. I recall that Miu Miu ad.

Mumbles said...

That girl is awesome
although she's not one of my favourite models (I prefer Lindsey), she's been so lucky
she's everywhere this season
and I really like her "street" outfits

♥ Marley

ChiccaStyle said...

Amazing selection!!!Thanks for sharing!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

SabinePsynopsis said...

Strange beauty describes her wonderfully. What an intriguing face!

Michelle's Style File said...

She is very pretty. Intriguing is the right word.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Runway Rundown said...

Love her, she's has so many amazing campaigns recently!

Ellie said...

She is SO fantastic! So versatile and gorgeous, its no wonder she's in so many shows/campaigns.
Love your blog, I'm definitely a new follower.
Have a great day!
-Ellie

Madeline Weber said...

wow she is truly gorgeous! superb model

xx

k come karolina said...

gorgeous!!!


xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Marina said...

I love Daphne!! she is incredible!!

xx Marina

jessica said...

she's one of my favourites.
such crazy pillowy lips !

Michele said...

She's really gorgeous, I love her facial expressions. And love her in the Givenchy ad.

Grace said...

I love these girl! Such a great face.

Love Grace.

Sarah said...

She is so gorgeous!

Sarah
x

http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com

Aissata said...

she's gorgeous, I love her already. great post

http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

galatea. said...

wow, that is one beautiful face and incredibly gorgeous pair of LIPS!

le pearl said...

Yes Daphne and Lindsay's physical beauty is just too strange for words. I love them both though, a blessing to the catwalk x

Post a Comment