**model of the moment: lindsey wixson


When attempting to explain the appeal of Lindsey Wixson, Wayne (via The Imagist) says it best: "Beauty is a convention and convention is really boring to stare at all the time." I like Lindsey because, if anything, she's interesting. You won't mistake Lindsey for any other model, and in a world flooded with media imagery, she has the rare ability to arrest your attention.

Because of her gapped front teeth, dimples, and almost-too-prominent pout, life was not always as easy for Lindsey Wixson as her supermodel status might suggest. At home in Kansas, she was bullied throughout middle school for her unique looks, which lean more towards Victorian baby-doll than blonde Barbie. But in a move that The Improper called the "revenge of the nerds," the same features that made Lindsey the subject of bullying in school have made her the new darling of the fashion world. In an industry constantly on the search for a fresh face, Lindsey Wixson proves both unique and relatable: for while her features may be inimitable, her girl-next-door persona makes her a sweet alternative to some of her more intimidating supermodel predecessors. Perhaps it was this kind of small-town charm that first enthralled fashion photographer Steven Meisel when he found a video of Lindsey on Models.com. After being noticed by the esteemed photographer in 2009, Lindsey Wixson found herself propelled into fashion fame. Lindsey has since graced the covers of i-D and V Magazine, has worked as the face of Miu Miu, Versace, and Jill Stuart, and has walked in almost every major show from Anna Sui to Zac Posen. Some early shots...



In Lula No.9 F/W 2010...









In Purple F/W 2010...




In Harper's Bazaar October 2011, shot by Terry Richardson...







On the cover of Style.com/Print...


Ad campaigns... Lindsey Wixson (with Daphne Groeneveld) for Versace for H&M, Fall 2011 Campaign...


On the runway... some looks from Spring/Summer 2012...

Chanel...

Marc by Marc Jacobs...

Prada...

Rodarte...

Yves Saint Laurent...

Model-of-duty style has become something of a cliché and typically includes leather, motorcycle boots, and some ripped denim. In her approach to off-the-runway dressing, Lindsey Wixson once again stands apart from the crowd. With playful and even adorable style that echoes her doll-like features, Lindsey's street-style aesthetic feels as sweet and approachable as the girl herself.



P.S. Check out her Twitter here.

(Photo credits: New York Magazine, Fashion Gone Rogue, TFS, Hanneli, Vanessa Jackman)

43 comments:

Alice /// VESTIGIAL WINGS said...

I love her! she is from my city :)

Sara said...

She has great style and a perfect body and she is so beautiful, I like her too and the cape from the fifth picture is absolutely amazing, I so want one! You have a lovely blog and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

le pearl said...

A great overview of her career so far. My highlight was the Miu Miu campaign where I first saw her. I love Lindsay, probably my favourite fresh face for 2011!

Sarah said...

I love Lindsey Wixson, she's beautiful and looks like a little doll with her perfect features and full lips. I love the Harpers Bazaar shoot too.

Sarah
xo

www.almostdelightful.com

Julia Rambaud said...

very nice post! I love this model!! Xx

SabinePsynopsis said...

She's gorgeous, and I love the new generation of INTERESTING, not just pretty, model faces.

Fashion Cappuccino said...

She has such a cute face and I can definitely see a long career for her! xoxoxo

M and C said...

she's so gorgeous! i understand what you mean with interesting! she's a special model! :D
love ur blog
http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

sammycx said...

shes stunning! great post!

www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

Kimberly Capeto said...

Hey !
I can't believe she was bullied wen she was a younger, she's so cute !

xoxo

TiasaurausRex said...

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! graah i love this! and i love your blog! eek! oh my haha sorry i am having a spaz attack due to this wonderful blog post!
thanks so much for sharing!
Follow for Follow?
http://tiasauraus.blogspot.com/

little shadow said...

She's the hottest weirdo I've ever seen x

Spirale Rouge said...

I like the black and white pictures, they are very nice.
.
http://spirale-rouge.blogspot.com/
..

Laura_Maradam said...

I realllllly adore this girl, she has done everything major! Her potty mouth is the new Angelina lips ;)
xx

Michelle of The Feather Den said...

She's a stunner, I recognise the Lula shoot!

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Lisa said...

Wow she has an incredible look. All those kids that use to bully her at school would be eating their words now! Good on Lindsey!

LSB
xoxo

www.lovestyleblogging.blogspot.com

Mumbles said...

This girl is gorgeous, she has such a unique and beautiful face. It's incredible how far she's gone in such a "short" time. She's one of my favourite models, I love when Terry Richardson photographes her!
By the way, that editorial of her in Purple mag is amazing

♥Marley

liv said...

My goh, she is so beautiful!
I love the W cover!

Great post and awesome blog!

Liv <3

jessica said...

she's definitely got an ephemeral air of intrigue to her look

Anna @ SMS_Style said...

Gosh she is beautiful. Her fate was decided for her - she was born to model! xx

www.southmoltonststyle.com

Stevia said...

her baby doll face is definitely one of a kind
just gorgeous

Tiago Aleixo said...

Love your blog and I'm following you now!!!

It is so adorable!

Follow me back PLS!!!!

GIVEAWAY!!!! I gonna do in my blog one giveaway when I reach 150 folowers!
Tiago Aleixo
http://the3rt.blogspot.com

Maria said...

Love this girl, she just looks so nice-girl-next-door and effortlessly chic at the same time! Great blog! Hope you can check mine out, and if you like it, we could follow each other?? :D
xoxo
http://purpleelixir.blogspot.com/

Clara said...

I just can´t stop loving the shoot she does while eating, it's so sexy

xx

rebecca said...

I love her! Her Miu Miu campaign was the best
http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Tanja van S - PureGlam.tv said...

These are sooooo wonderful pictures - a real great collection and SHE is perfect... love it - thanks for sharing!

Tanja - PureGlam.tv or via Bloglovin

Unknown said...

Such great photos! Her lips are insane!!!

Julie
www.celebrityowned.com

The Queen of Hearts said...

She has the most perfect lips.

I'm adding you to my favorite blogs. I can't wait to check back and see what else you post!

The Queen of Hearts

Tiff Kaya said...

she is amazing, no one really got it when I showed them photos of her when we was relatively unknown and this post sums up everything i couldn't express at the time. amazing. she is so amazing. this post has left me not knowing how to express my words haha!

www.stdino.blogspot.com
love, t
xx

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I'm always drawn to the imperfect in beauty and art.
Happy Holidays

Sick by Trend said...

she is stunning! very cool all the photos :D

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Grace said...

I love when girls' mouths are wider than long. It makes me feel a little more acceptable!

Love Grace.

Amber said...

She's gorgeous. I'm so jealous of her perfect pout! I think she is sort of odd looking... In a good way, of course! She's a great model, though! Thanks for posting these photos.

le pearl said...

Wixson was my model of 2011, I hope she continues to be herself and not give in to the typical model lifestyle of drugs etc. I love her unique looks.

The lost girls said...

Lindsey is THE MOST ADORABLE THING ON EARTH. Her lips, that's all i want is her lips. your blog is really cool i love reading about all of these people!

http://thelostgiirls.blogspot.com/

misslikey said...

she is my favorite

Ira Kharchenko said...

Oh, she looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing the pics:)

http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

Post a Comment